One of the leading Japanese MNC
• Advising the business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business, including the drafting and negotiation of diverse commercial agreements.
• Providing wide range of commercial legal advice for the setting up and day-to-day function.
• Conducting comprehensive legal risk mapping for key projects, particularly when entering new projects or markets.
• Independently manage any potential litigations with a strong focus on consumer litigations and legal metrology matters.
• Assist and represent the company in liaising with statutory/government authorities on relevant legal queries and matters concerning the business.
• Assist in fulfilling CSR obligations as a member of the CSR committee.
• Supporting the Global Legal and Compliance Team in review and implementation of compliance policies in the region including Whistleblowing, Anti-Corruption, Data Protection etc.
• Providing relevant compliance training to internal stakeholders and employees in the region.
• Assisting the Global Intellectual Property Team in investigation and protection of company’s IP in the region.
• Working closely with the retail, sales, marketing and logistics teams to advise on mitigation of legal risks for the business.
• Assisting the Human Resources team on employment related disputes, contracts and policies.
• Coordinating and maintaining strong relationships with external counsels.
• Qualified for practice in India.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Law or equivalent
• Minimum 8 years of relevant PQE within the areas of corporate and commercial law, compliance (general), litigation, risk management and employment law.
• Experience working in India and familiarity with regional laws.
• Self-starter and an individual contributor
• Intellectual Property knowledge will be an advantage.
• Good organizational, time-management and follow-up skills with meticulous attention to detail