Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois, near Northbrook since 1967. Founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., it was spun off in 1993. The company also has personal lines insurance operations in Canada.
Looking for DataEngineer resource having 4 to 6 years of total IT work experience. He/she will be responsible for assisting on building tools and technologies that allow Arity to ingest, normalize, transform, validate and persist trip data at scale in a high performance, reliable, and available environment. Build a state-of-the-art data management platform to execute the data lifecycle management operations within the operational data lake and warehouse and add resiliency in data quality
Technical Experience Required:
• 4 to 6 years’ experience with Spark, Scala, python, Java coding and testing.
• Strong understanding of computer science concepts, big data design principles and implementing and managing large data sets along with ETL processing.
• Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks (such as MSTest, NUnit, xUnit.net, junit, mockito, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies)
• Experience with AWS components such as Kafka, S3, Lambda, Kinesis Firehose, PostgresSQL and Dynamo Database technologies.
• Experience with Nifi is a plus.
• Clear understanding of data management, process automation, system monitoring, and maintainability.
• Understanding of cloud services, deployment models, and distributed systems
Additional Job Information
• Collaborates with other Engineers, IT Architects, and business clients to ensure complete understanding of the platforms technical and business functionality.
• Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team ceremonies associated with scrum principals.
• Establish continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
• Designs, develops, and tests components of the advertising audiences data ingestion and delivery functions including full ETL processing.
• Test, debug, and analyze performance, and document hardware and software technology components.
• Ensure that plans integrate effectively with other components accounting for compliance and security standards.
• Rotates into production support of applications which could include off-hours support.
• Participated in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team.
Primary Skills - Spark/Scala, python, Java coding with TDD, AWS services
Secondary Skills - ETL & Nifi
Looking for DataEngineer resource having 4 to 6 years of total IT work experience
Afternoon Shift - 1:00 PM - 9:30 PM