Corporation is an American multinational medical technologies corporation based in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
It is a Medical Devices and Manufacturing company.
What you need
• Support product development activities to characterize product quality/reliability
• Serve as an internal expert on test methods, industry standards and regulations, and statistical/reliability tools including design of experiments, measurement system analysis, stress and strain analysis and other testing/analytical methods as appropriate
• Design, develop, and implement new or improved product requirements and/or test methods to accurately characterize product performance (or component/material performance) when exposed to representative or extreme use environments and conditions.
• Author test protocols, coordinate/execute testing, conduct data analysis, and/or author engineering reports
• Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to provide support and guidance in designing virtual and mechanical test fixtures in SGTC lab or external vendors
• Act as the technical lead for test team members, 3rd party labs, or contractors as necessary
• Conduct and/or lead root-cause analysis investigations as necessary in support of product reliability performance enhancement
• Assist the design teams in analyzing the acquired data and failures to provide actionable information to help improve design quality and efficiency.
• Evaluate, recommend, procure and/or maintain various actuation and instrumentation systems, sensors, and other technologies for continuous improvements of testing systems, procedures and techniques.
• Analyze test data and develop test reports in accordance with company standards
• Own development, maintenance, review and validation of Tests and Test Tools to support project needs/timelines
• Should read, analyze and interpret documents such as scientific and technical journals, instructions and reports
• Contribute to define the test strategy and testing roadmap plan.
• Responsible for technically mentoring the team members.
• Responsible for collaboration between development and testing team as well as the Test Lab, Quality and project manager.
• Responsible for the documentation of test procedures and test forms as well as supporting documents
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience in Manual and Automated Testing of Mechatronic products (involving software, hardware, and mechanical systems), with at least 4 years in leading product testing team
• Should be familiar with various test standards
• Should process Working knowledge of commonly used test instruments and reliability test methods (e.g., tensile testers, environmental chambers, instrumentation, control electronics, and DAQ equipment)
Additional Job Information
Who we want
• Dedicated achievers: People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
• Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
• Hard-working winners: Confident, competitive and results-oriented people who create a track record of success.
• Collaborative partners: People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
• Analytical problem solvers: People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
• Quality-focused team drivers. People who push their team to deliver the highest quality products and solutions in a timely manner.
What you will do
Lead product V&V activities for various medical devices in accordance with internal quality procedures. Develop test procedures, scripts & documents; and review the test artifacts developed by team members for compliance to company's quality standards.
Set expectations for the test development team and the cross functional teams. Define scope, deliverables, milestones and timelines for team members.
Help project manager and management with the test development effort estimation, timelines, planning, artifacts delivery and status reporting. Communicate milestones, risks, needs and impediments, well in advance to the project manager.