Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois, near Northbrook since 1967. Founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., it was spun off in 1993. The company also has personal lines insurance operations in Canada.
In this role, you have the opportunity to be a true leader who serve the Agile team as well as the broader organization on how to use agile practices in a software development environment. You will develop new insurance related products & platforms through implementing Agile practices within multidisciplinary setup. You will also communicate with stakeholders, escalate or remove impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
• Strongly serving the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to become self-managed team that is responsible and accountable to deliver business values
• Assessing and leading agile team, organization and coaching to higher level of agile maturity
• Effective facilitation of Scrum events
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
• Be an Agile evangelist who understands and promote Agile values and principles
• Assisting with internal and external communication, to improve transparency quotient
• Being aware of cutting-edge technology, development and quality practices and help the team driving continuous improvement in these areas
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
Additional Job Information
• First level Scrum Master certification (CSM /PSM I)
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2+ years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum values, practices, and theory.
• Must have prior development/ Testing experience
• Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• PREFERRED SKILLS
Second level Scrum Master certification (ACSM, PSM II)
Knowledge of other Agile approaches: SAFe, XP, Kanban
Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile engineering practices: ATDD, TDD, CI/CD
Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
1 PM – 9:30 PM ISt