Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois, near Northbrook since 1967. Founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., it was spun off in 1993. The company also has personal lines insurance operations in Canada.
This role will be working closely with the US based quantitative research team in developing and supporting
quantitative investment framework, signal generation and API delivery for multiple asset classes.
Data, Analytics, and Reporting Technologies
Allstate India Private Ltd
• Develop a robust quant process through a combination of both analytical and software
development skillsets. Work with the QA team to set up testing plans.
• Design and implement API library for quant use cases. Advise other product teams on how to
integrate with the library effectively.
• Liaise with research and technology teams to ensure a stable and positive user experience. Build
and support robust technology processes for timely delivery of our models.
• Trouble-shoot data and process problems when they occur and build automatic surveillance to
• Participate in projects and monitor product development plan, keeping the team informed about
deadlines/obstacles/changes in the project plan
5+ years of experience in a quantitative investment management or technology environment.
Master in Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Finance, Economics,
Mathematics, Statistics, and/or other quantitative discipline. Exceptional candidates with a
Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant work experience will also be considered.
• Passion for asset management, capital markets and portfolio risk management
• Strong IT and programming skills with knowledge of Python Framework, Matlab, Java, C#, SQL,
• Deep analytical mind-set, creative problem solving ability and understanding of financial
datasets, cloud computing and big data processing. Working Knowledge of financial market data
and products such as Aladdin and Capital IQ a plus.
• Organized and detail oriented, understands the product development and support process
• A professional, highly dedicated personality, with the ability to work and thrive in an
entrepreneurial and team environment
• Results oriented, organizational skills and team player able to take ideas and feedback in a
professional and courteous manner
• Probes more deeply when confronted with inconsistent or interesting findings. Thoroughly
checks soundness of own/team work
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas with multiple stakeholders, including
fundamental and quantitative researchers, technology partners, and senior management. Ability to
explain complex concepts in simple terms
• Good project management skills, with the ability to work independently on multiple tasks and/or