Company is a worldwide provider of products, technology and services leading the transformation of analog to digital imaging.
Production Specialist – DITA-OT and Automation
The Production Specialist with Automation and DITA-OT expertise is part of the team responsible for the R&D and production of technical documentation, including the localization management and publishing. The documentation includes the end user and service documentation and online help.
You will collaborate with variety of teams on R&D and engineering of technical documentation production tasks, including QA and QA automation teams, UA writers, program management teams, localization team and vendors. You are a highly motivated, technically savvy individual with an interest in the technical side of user assistance. You are responsible for managing applications, tools, and processes within the team and leading initiatives in research and development of documentation processes and tools and automation of production tasks. Including DITA XML document design for print and digital publishing including mobile applications and devices.
The production environment consists of DITA-OT (open toolkit), Tridion Docs (CCMS), XTM, Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, Acrobat Pro DC, and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with these tools is required.
Main Skills, Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify opportunities and develop solutions to improve the efficiency of production lifecycle processes through automation, mainly automation of Tridion Docs processes using PowerShell and other scripting languages
• Collaborate with Automation team to research and develop new tools and connectors between documentation production tools
• Assist writing teams in troubleshooting and resolving authoring system and content build issues.
• Manages documentation projects from the beginning to the end of production while also enforcing quality, content structure, and publishing strategies that support multiple deliverables, languages, and formats.
• Develops project plans and workflows, managing schedules, and budget
• Manages localization projects by communicating project requirements, negotiating schedules, responding to queries, ensuring on-time delivery, and escalating issues.
• Analyzes project risk and defines mitigation actions of identified risks.
• Reviews source documentation for quality and accuracy.
• Publishes final deliverables for Web and print.
• Stay abreast of industry trends and continuously improve your technical skills.
• DITA stylesheet development and management
• Extensive experience on XML
• Deep knowledge of DITA Open Toolkit (DITA-OT)., including XSLT and XPath
• Extensive experience working with CCMS
• Experience with Oxygen XML Author/Editor
Additional Job Information
• Experience with the mechanics of producing and delivering a variety of content types in a fast paced, high-tech publishing environment
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with FrameMaker, PDF, XML, and HTML
• Experience with DITA XML, Tridion Docs platform (CCMS), Oxygen XML Author/Editor, Adobe Creative Suite including FrameMaker, PDF tools, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator