Corporation is an American insurance company, headquartered in Northfield Township, Illinois, near Northbrook since 1967. Founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Co., it was spun off in 1993 but still partially owned by Sears, until it became completely an independent company in June 1995.
The Band D, Associate Manager, is a hands-on leader working very closely with product teams, and other stakeholders to ensure the quality of testing delivery for all projects within releases. Testing related activities and oversight include:
• Test strategy development, planning, design, execution and automation development of products/projects of all complexities.
• Manage and have oversight of testing activities for multiple projects which will overlap releases.
• Lead, counsel, motivate, and set expectations for the team and work in partnership with other leaders across testing unit, PMO and Product Technology to ensure value delivery and healthy releases.
• Build partnerships with development team leadership, and ensure alignment with DCIO. Provide accurate forecasts for resource and financial impacts to leadership and delivery teams. Work with Services leader on staffing/location/financial planning activities.
• Test Execution Leader for Product Technology, with resources located in USA, Ireland and India.
• Leader will also be accountable for setting and achieving workforce skill and location strategy, aligning with Product Technology Resource location strategies.
• Guiding and mentoring team members in their career development.
• Accountable for ensuring alignment with and driving team towards testing unit Vision, Common Tools and testing unit Transformation strategy. Adapt tactics and strategy to accommodate changing direction from testing unit, Enterprise, and Product Technology DCIO.
• Support and drive initiatives as assigned, based on Transformation and goals.
• Ensure adherence to ASPL and Companies HR requirements and timelines for administrative duties.
• Work towards local and global objectives including partnering with the right stakeholders to achieve efficiencies and outcomes from organization standpoint
• Bring in Engineering and Product Mindset with a flair to lead and manage multi-competency and geographically diverse teams
• Overall experience of 8+ years in Test Engineering including:
• Hands-on experience performing various testing types in technology or similar organizations
• Experience leading and overseeing quality assurance work
• Experience with Test Automation for web-based UI and API.
• Experience with leading Performance Testing teams
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Experience with DevOps and CI/CD delivery methodology, technologies, and tools.
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization; with resources on all shores
• Experience with following tools - Selenium, SoapUI, Ready API, GIT Hub, Jenkins.
• Coaching and Mentoring of Project Resources
Additional Job Information
• Functional Competencies:
Expense and Resource Management
Thriving in Change